We here at Rocky Mountain Stone Products realize the importance of keeping our environment clean for future generations. We would like our customers to know about the following "GREEN" policies we have implemented at our company in the fight to make our world a cleaner place to live.
- Rocky Mountain Stone Products has been providing our customers with high quality, durable products for over 15 years. Our products, once installed, are virtually maintenance free. Rocky Mountain Stone Products do not require the use of any paint, or any other chemicals that may harm our environment. The sealer that we do recommend, is a water based sealer that has a low VOC and does not harm the environment.
- All of our wood pallets we use are made out of a combination of new and recycled wood.
- Since our product is lighter in weight than brick or natural stone, it requires less energy to transport. Our products thinner profile allows for more square footage to be shipped per truckload, thus reducing the transportation impact on the environment.
- Rocky Mountain Stone products are manufactured to last, and resist things like termites, rot, and the weather. All these factors help contribute to an increased life of the stone and lower maintenance.
- Rocky Mountain Stone can be installed over existing cladding materials; resulting in less waste. And since the old cladding isn't removed; there is less material ending up in our landfills.
- 95% of our raw materials are supplied to us regionally, thus reducing the cost of fuel during the shipping process.
- All of our stone boxes are made out of a material called Colorplast. Colorplast boxes provide a strong, rigid, light weight, high quality means for storing our stone. Colorplast is a material that produce strength and rigidity at a lower weight thereby requiring less material to construct than most boxes. Our boxes can be used and reused over a long period of time, thereby cutting down on the amount of waste our company has. Our boxes contain a co-polymer, which make recycling a snap; once the life of the box has come to an end. Our boxes can be recycled into things like milk cartons and detergent bottles.
- All of our raw product waste is 100% recycled. Our recycling vendor sorts everything out so the container contents DO NOT go to the landfill. Our concrete is crushed and reused in road base and asphalt.
- As part of our "GOING GREEN" commitment to reduce waste and promote recycling we are encouraging all contractors, masons, and homeowners to return our packaging to our Salt Lake City Plant for proper disposal or re-use. Rocky Mountain Stone Products will refund $5 for every usable Rocky Mountain Stone Box, $2 for every usable Rocky Mountain Stone Pallet. (All refunds are subject to usability of returned products. All boxes must have side panels in tact.)